SINCE ITS FOUNDING BY VOLUNTEERS IN 1992, WINNESHIEK COUNTY HABITAT for humanity HAS…
- Joined 1500 Habitat for Humanity affiliates in the United States but is the only affiliate in Northeast Iowa
- Built 29 homes in the communities of Burr Oak, Calmar, Castalia, Decorah, Freeport, Ossian, Spillville, and Ridgeway
We have 22 Partners with mortgages totalling
$1,084,582.09.Annual property taxes are $31938.00 for Winneshiek County and $2,222.00 for Fayette County for a total of $34,160.00.
- Served low-income families who have sufficient income to pay a 25-year interest-free mortgage
- Required homeowner families to give 150 volunteer hours per adult family member
- Been funded by mortgage payments, by generous donations from Winneshiek County residents, by TIF, by grants from organizations (such as Thrivent and Upper Explorer Land) and by co-sponsorship arrangements with the Luther College Habitat chapter.